CampusKey aims to create a supportive, hassle-free environment for our students, giving them time to focus on their studies. With that in mind, we have created the House Committee – a group of students appointed to help students. These amazing people become the go-to resource – whether you need help with the facilities, want to make friends with similar interests, attend awesome in-house events or need advice – the House Committee is the group to turn to. With the third semester that just started, we asked the PE House Committee to introduce themselves and tell us a little more about themselves!
The House Committee is a team of 7 trendy ninjas who want nothing more but to promote and maximise the CampusKey lifestyle. Chat to them about everything from events, to what you want to see around our campus. The House Committee are also the guardians of the #community guidelines, a set of principles we all need to live by to ensure a harmonious and collaborative environment.
Check out these 3 HC members in the first of our 2-part CampusKey PE House Committee series!
- Nickname: Jadie Jadé
- City: I was born in East London
- Study course and year: I’m studying a Bachelor of Arts General and majoring in language and psychology (first year) at Nelson Mandela University.
- Interests: Dancing, gospel, interacting with people, art and music.
- Dream job: To travel around the world as a translator/English teacher
- Favourite food: Ice-cream and chicken chow mein.
- Favourite movie/series: Game of Thrones, Rick and Moray, Brooklyn 9-9 (series) the Star Wars movies, Lord of the Rings, Suicide Squad. I watch a lot of movies and series to list all the favourites, to be honest.
- Are you a go to the party or stay indoors type of person: Stay in-doors type of person
- When you’re not being awesome, what do you do in your spare time: I nap, hang out with my best friend or dance (ballroom)
- If you had a super power what would it be and why: Telekinesis, so I could move things with my mind and could be lazy in peace.
- Tell us one thing about yourself that nobody else knows: I am teaching myself how to play the ukulele and hula dance.
- What has been your favourite moment at CampusKey thus far: Making friends with both international and South African people.
- Nickname: TY
- City: I stay in a city called Lilongwe (Malawi).
- Study course and year: Bachelor of Law (first year) at Nelson Mandela University.
- Interests: Travelling and exploring different types of culture.
- Dream job: To work at any well-established bank as a Corporate Banker.
- Favourite food: Seafood.
- Favourite movie/series: Wolf of Wall Street (movie) and White Collar (series).
- Are you a go to the party or stay indoors type of person: Go to the party!!!
- When you’re not being awesome, what do you do in your spare time: I try to interact with people at CampusKey in the pursuit of learning something new.
- If you had a super power what would it be and why: Watched the movie Jumper? I want the ability to teleport. Imagine going anywhere at any time with anyone. It’s the perfect super power.
- Tell us one thing about yourself that nobody else knows: My mother named me after a street in Johannesburg called ‘Tyrone Avenue’ after looping the street countless times in pursuit of finding the Morning Side Hospital – This is where I was born 🙂
- What has been your favourite moment at CampusKey thus far: My birthday. It was extremely eventful and I made many friends from it.
- Nickname: Matt
- City: Outside of CampusKey I live in East London, the city I was born in.
- Study course and year: I’m currently studying a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (second year) at Nelson Mandela University.
- Interests: Electronics, cycling, triathlon.
- Dream job: To be employed by Google as a Google Software Developer.
- Favourite food: Definitely, RocoMamas Burgers.
- Favourite movie/series: Big Bang Theory, Young & Hungry, Fast & Furious 1-8 (movie).
- Are you a go to the party or stay indoors type of person: Stay in-doors type of person.
- When you’re not being awesome, what do you do in your spare time: I watch random YouTube videos to pass time.
- If you had a super power what would it be and why: Invisibility, I could do whatever I want without anyone knowing it.
- Tell us one thing about yourself that nobody else knows: I think if there is anything that I haven’t told anyone in my 20 year lifetime, a group of 144 students isn’t the best place to start!
- What has been your favourite moment at CampusKey thus far: Interacting and making friends with people who are from different parts of the world.
Keep an eye on our social media for Part 2 of the CampusKey PE House Committee!