CampusKey has implemented strict hygiene measures during all phases of lockdown.
- Disinfection schedules have been implemented ensuring all social and shared spaces are disinfected three times per day, seven days a week. Our cleaning company is a Hospitality Specialist company and also complies with WHO regulations.
- All students and team members are required to wear a face mask when moving around campus.
- Any person entering CampusKey on Check-in has to follow our disinfection protocol and will be scanned with our HikVision thermal cameras.
- You will find hand sanitizer dispensers all over campus;
- Our biometric stations are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers.
- All students checking in are required to bring a reusable mask, hand sanitizer. CampusKey also have reusable masks, hand sanitizer and surface spray available for sale for your convenience.
- There is one designated entrance point to each building to make sure all our students and guests sanitize and are scanned with the thermal camera.
Community and connectivity are high on our agenda, so you feel supported every step of your stay. Our teams are available 24/7 on our CUA number.
- A distance of 1,5m must be kept between people at all times.
- All community events are virtual for the most part or in the case of face to face events, there are strict rules regarding the attendance numbers, sanitizing and social distancing.
- Try to minimize contact with the CampusKey team. If possible, use online methods like Facebook Group, WhatsApp, Instagram, Email, Calls.
- Groups of up to 10 students can gather in any social spaces if a distance of 1.5m between each other can be maintained.
- Gatherings are not allowed in rooms
Our Community Manager is always close-by, on hand to keep spirits high, and ensure the new safety and social distancing procedures are being followed.
- You must collect your own deliveries outside of CampusKey;
- The parcel or package must be sanitized before receiving it and bringing it onto the premises;
- Remember to sanitize your hands immediately after sanitizing the parcel;
- No team member will receive any delivery on behalf of a student or team member
If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing or suspect that you have been in contact with a anyone who tested positive, you should immediately:
- Isolate yourself;
- Notify your CampusKey team;
- Get tested;
- Notify the CampusKey team of your test results;
Should you test positive for COVID-19:
- You should immediately inform a CampusKey team member.
- The team will ask you to provide them with a positive test result and to indicate which social spaces you've used and which other students you’ve been in direct contact with.
- All communal areas and social spaces will be disinfected by the CK team.
- You will be required to self-isolate for 10 days.
- You will be able to self-isolate in your room should you not share a bathroom, kitchen or any other communal spaces. Otherwise self-isolation off campus would be recommended/required.
- While self-isolating, you will not be allowed to move around on or off campus, but not to worry, a CK team member will always be available to assist should they need any assistance.
- The CK team will assist with grocery deliveries throughout the self-isolation period should it be on campus.
- You will be responsible to inform everyone you’ve come into contact with.
- A team member will monitor your fever daily and you will be required to fill out the health questionnaire on a daily basis.
- The CK team will never disclose the identity of a student to anyone without their permission.